Tuesday, August 15, 2017

NCHS Welcome - Gusitsch


July 6, 2017

Dear NCHS Community,

I hope that your summer is off to an amazing start. My name is David Gusitsch and I am honored to have been named as the new Assistant Principal at New Canaan High School. I am excited to serve the community in this capacity, look forward to meeting everyone, and most importantly, working with the students of NCHS.

Because family is important, I would like to share a little bit on a personal level. My wife Amy and I are celebrating our fifteenth wedding anniversary this July. Amy also works in education having taught fourth grade in Wilton and now as a math interventionist in Bethel. Our children love school and stay active in extracurriculars year round. For the upcoming school year, Ellie will be entering seventh grade, Brooke will be entering fifth grade, and Nicholas will be entering first grade. As a family, we enjoy skiing, kayaking, hiking, and fishing at Huntington State Park, which is down the road from us. We are all looking forward to our upcoming visit to Lake Winnipesaukee (NH) toward the end of July where we visit with friends, recreate, and recharge from the wonders of nature that the lake has to offer.   

On a professional level, I am entering my eighteenth year working in education. My background includes working in Illinois and Connecticut and experiences with students, staff, and stakeholders at all levels, PK-12. Most recently, I served in an administrative capacity as the District Coordinator for health and physical education for the community of Westport. During my time in Westport, the program was recognized nationally as one that was innovative, implemented best practices, and incorporated latest research, trends, and technology. Some of our work was instrumental in highlighting the brain-body connection and bringing movement based learning into all classrooms, at all levels. This research was well received and contributed to the collaborative approach of educating the whole child and providing a well rounded educational experience for students in any discipline.

At NCHS, I look forward to getting involved in all facets of the school community. A priority for me includes maintaining the social-emotional needs of students and the positive school culture. I will continue to encourage and support a healthy balance between academics, the arts, athletics, clubs, and activities. New Canaan High School is one of the premier public high schools in the country, located in a wonderful community. I intend to contribute to this great legacy while learning, growing, and evolving together.

Wishing each of you a happy, healthy, rejuvenating summer,

David Gusitsch

NCHS Assistant Principal




Here is a family picture from the recent Wilton HS graduation (June, 2017). From left to right are: Me, Brooke, Ellie, Nicholas, and Amy.

No comments:

Post a Comment